- IBL currently have 2294 rolling tyres on the road.
- All tyres on all IBL buses are marked with a unique number for tracking purposes.
- At any given moment the Tyre section can tell the position of each tyre on any bus.
- The Tyre section conducts two surveys on all rolling tyres once a month.
- Tyres are constantly tested to ensure that we provide safe and reliable service.
- All front tyres are replaced at 7mm thread and the rest are replaced at 5mm thread which is above the legislated minimum.
- The total kilometres travelled by all IBL buses in a month is between 1.2 to 1.4 million kilometres per month.
These guys are by far the fittest of all our employees, they lift heavy tyres on daily basis. Well done team and thank you for keeping our passengers safe on the road.