Monyetla ProjectMonyetla ProjectInterstate Bus Lines is proud to be associated with the Monyetla Project. We believe in contributing to our community and thus have been involved in this project from 2010. In 2019 this project has grown to +-1500 students that we provide with free transport from the Bloemfontein, Botshabelo and Thaba Nchu areas every weekend to attend extra lessons. As can be seen in the report received from Monyetla, the project is a great success. Ya Rona.
REPORT ON 2018 RESULTS OF 1000 LEARNERS
With this we wish to thank you for your contribution to this intervention program for matrics conducted on the UFS South Campus. Free State Education Department has done an analysis on the learners who attended the program regularly on Saturdays and during the Winter Holidays.
The analysis highlighted the following:
- Learners from Botshabelo who attended the program, had a Pass Rate of 100%.
- Learners from Botshabelo achieved a 87% Bachelor Pass.
- The overall Mathematics Pass Rate for matrics at Monyetla Project is 15% higher than FS Pass Rate (89% pass)
- Out of 460 who offer Life Sciences, 97,4% passed. This is 12% higher than FS Province.
- Economics is 10% higher than FS.
- Geography, 12% higher at 97%.
- Mat Lit, 11% higher than the province.
- English HL produced a 95% pass.
- Accounting, Physical Sciences and Business Studies were 4% higher.
In Technical Subjects, we focused on Progressed Learners. Some of these learners did not pass and our overall pass rate therefore was affected to a level of 90% overall pass for the program. The overall Bachelor Pass was 47%.
We trust we will continue to build on these good results.
DIRECTOR: MONYETLA BURSARY PROJECT