We continue with our partnership with the South African Football Association, so far the IBL soccer league is one of the biggest soccer leagues in the country. Our soccer league has well over 400 teams comprising of males, females in various age groups. This league forms the bases of local football in the region.
How does this help our communities?
Through the league, we give hope to aspiring youth of all ages. We create space for our youth to showcase their talent and an opportunity to become local and international stars.
Some of the IBL Soccer League success stories
Together with the support of our passengers and community we can proudly say the Interstate Bus Lines Soccer League have raised the Free State flag higher through the following success stories:
· Promoting female football through 31 female teams playing in the IBL Soccer
· Various youth teams from as young as 13 years of age for both males and
· Producing big soccer stars like Thembinkosi Lorch of Orlando Pirates and others
· Producing female FIFA accredited referee Maneo Tau
· Tyron Mondi plying his trade in America
· Banyana Banyana player Kananelo Tauwe
· Tshepo Chaine of Botshabelo playing for T.S
Galaxy in top flight league
· Neo Maema of Phase 6 signed by Mamelodi
· Producing an African Champion, Head coach of
the South African senior team
Bafana Bafana that won the recent Cosafa Cup
victory, our very own Morena Ramorebodi
· Mathaithai FC who are now competing in the
Nedbank Cup also find their origin in the IBL
On behalf of Interstate Bus Lines Management, employees and passengers we are proud and thankful of our victories as well as our partnership with all the teams, supporters, and South African Football Association.