IBL PROMOTIONAL RURAL SOCCER LEAGUE - 2014
Interstate Bus Lines is sponsoring the IBL Promotional Rural Soccer League from November 2013 untill July 2014 at the value of R100,000.00. The leagues were held at Botshabelo, Thaba Nchu and Bloemfontein.
The following categories participated during the league; U/13, U/15, U/17, Ladies team and SAFA Promotion team. 49 teams from Botshabelo, 35 teams from Thaba Nchu and 90 teams from Bloemfontein participated.
4,500 disadvantaged youths from Mangaung participated during this soccer league and IBL sponsored the winning teams at the end of the league with soccer kit, medals, trophies and soccer balls.
Winners per category are as follows:
* The U/13 teams that won gold medals, soccer kit and balls:
Bloemfontein: Namibia Young Stars
Botshabelo: FC Remember
Thaba Nchu: Ratanang Academy
* The U/15 teams that won gold medals, soccer kit and balls:
Bloemfontein: Mangaung Soccer Centre
Botshabelo: Roo Stars
Thaba Nchu: Moroka Zebras
* The U/17 Champions that won gold medals, soccer kit and balls:
Bloemfontein: Bloemfontein Stars
Botshabelo: Roo Stars
Thaba Nchu: Real Powers FC (Overall Winner)
* The Ladies Champions that won gold medals, soccer kit and balls:
Bloemfontein: Grassland Ladies
Botshabelo: Black Urban (Overall Winner and received a trophy)
Thaba Nchu: All Stars Ladies
* The IBL Promotional team Champions that won gold medals, soccer kit and balls and Trophies:
Bloemfontein: United Rovers (+ R9 000)
Botshabelo: Black Urban (+ R4 000)
This rural soccer league is aimed at developing young and upcoming soccer players in Mangaung to become professional players. IBL mission was accomplished as there were three special awards - trophies for the players who excelled during the league and were scouted and selected for the national team namely; Tshepo Chaine who is currently playing for the U/20 National team and was signed at Bloemfontein Celtics. Tyron Mondi is currently signed by England soccer team – Bolton Wanderus FC. Thato Pheleu was selected for the U/17 National team.
MANDELA DAY PROJECT - IBL EMPLOYEES - 2014
IBL employees spend 67 minutes of charity work for Mandela day on Friday 18 July 2014 planting trees at Bloemfontein, Thaba Nchu and Botshabelo.
According to the environmental protection agencies, planting trees is a must if we want to save our planet. Trees not only remove harmful chemicals from the soil, but also help reduce the greenhouses leading to global warming.
Advantages of planting trees;
1. An average size tree creates sufficient oxygen in one year to provide oxygen for a family of four.
2. Planting trees in the right place around buildings and homes can cut air-conditioning costs up to 5%.
3. Planting trees for the environment is good as they are renewable, biodegradable and recyclable.
4. If we plant 20 million trees, the earth will get with 260 million more tons of oxygen.
5. Once acre of trees can remove up to 2.6 tons of Carbon Dioxide each year.
6. During photosynthesis, trees and other plants absorb carbon dioxide and give off oxygen.
7. Trees keep in cheek the air and water pollution.
8. Why planting trees is important is evident as they are the natural habitat of the animals and birds, as well as many endangered species.
9. Planting trees means more wood and paper products which can be easily recycled.
10. A newly planted whole forest can change tones of atmospheric carbon into wood and other fibrous tissue, thus reducing global warming.
There are still too few of them to fully offset the changes brought about by global warming. Automobile traffic, manufacturing and other human activities are playing havoc with our environment. Reduce global warming simply by planting trees for the environment.
This is the Official website of Interstate Bus Lines, a diversified transport enterprise, which plays a leading role in providing integrated mobility and transport related services for the prosperity of the society we serve.
We are committed to safety and quality for our customers; a sustainable future for our employees; caring for the environment and needs of our society.
This website will assist you to find anything from Operations, Marketing, Human resource, Technical and Income Department. We are available 24hours per day, you are welcome to contact us. Thank you for visiting our website.
Itumele Bus Lines (Pty) Ltd. Trading as Interstate Bus Lines operates services in the following areas: Thaba 'Nchu Area Bus routes are being operated which link northern townships like Mariasdal, Sediba, Talla, Houtnek, Spitskop, M...
Tickets & Passes
Itumele Bus Lines (PTY) LTD t/a interstate Bus Lines. Notification of annual tariff increase with effect from 1 July 2012.
As we are in the business of transporting human beings to and from their loved ones, the safety of our passengers is one of the critical issues taken into consideration whenit comes to ordering of new vehicles and with the servicing...
Interstate Bus Lines have 228 buses of which 16 are operated by subcontractors, our rigid buses take up to 65 passengers and train buses take from 98 to 114 passengers, the disability bus for APD (Association for People with Disability) which take only 22 passengers as it is specially equipped for disabled people; featuring a lift to assist people in wheel chairs with access to the bus.